Forum Discussion

SalesInfo
Qrew Assistant Captain
5 years ago

How to add a filtered report into a body of the outlook email

I would like to add a certain report into a body of the email. I created an email button to populate the subject and send to. Now I want to add the certain report into the body of the email. Below is my formula for an email button

Email - Button:
"mailto:"&""&[PR - CR - Email]&"\n"&"?subject="&"\n"&URLEncode([Email - Subject - Pre Qualification]) &""&"&body="&URLEncode([Email - Body])&"&"

[Email - Body]
How do I get a report name "TESTING" from a table called "Tickets"?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies

• I would be very surprised if this was possible.  More likely you will need to include a link to a report.  The report can be an <ask the user> type wth the question answered in the link.

not tested, but make an ask the user report and answer the question and mimic the URL.

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_table name goes here] & "?a=q&qid=99&nv=1&v0=" & [Related Customer]

Replace the 99 with your report# and and find a suitable question and answer for your report. 

Mark
  • SmartEmailReminder for Quick Base has this feature of including a report right inside the email message.  More details found here: http://www.softtechexperts.com/smartemailreminder.html.  Contact me directedly for more info on how this could be used to solve your problem.

------------------------------
    Joe Acunzo
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    SoftTechExperts
    joe.acunzo@SoftTechExperts.com
    203-481-1222 ext. 316
    ------------------------------