Forum Discussion

ArchiveUser
Qrew Captain
7 years ago

How to add to my url formula button that changes a checkbox to ""true"" but also saves the record?

I have created a formula url button for the user to be able to "Submit this Week's Priorities:"

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?act=API_EditRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#]

& "&_fid_32=1"

& "&rdr=" & URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=dr&rid=" & [Record ID#])

This works perfectly in the form whether or not it is in Edit mode where the button triggers the change to a checkbox field and then a notification is triggered. It also redirects to that current record which I want. However, if it is in Edit mode and there is a modification to one of the fields, you have to use the native "Save" button first before the action will occur (still works fine). I'm just wondering what I could add to this formula to trigger the record to also save any other edits without having to use the native "Save" button.

6 Replies

• Hi Dawn, yes you can do this by going to the table's settings, clicking Advanced settings, and then checking the box marked Save parent record automatically when a child record is created.

With this box checked, when clicking any link or button on the edit record page, Quick Base will automatically save your changes.
      RayseRamsey
      Qrew Member
      Hi, I am trying to add to my URL formula button that currently performs a print action. What I need is to have the print button activate a checkbox which states that the "print" action has been completed. I am fairly new to QB, so if you can please explain in detail. 

Thank you for the help!

------------------------------
      Rayse Ramsey
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Can you post your current code?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • Well, what do you know...that worked! And I didn't think it would because it's not actually saving a parent record - it's all within one table record form.  Thanks!!!!