Forum Discussion

AnnettaColeman
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

How to Collapse Rows within Groups on Embedded Report?

I have several embedded reports (not Grid Edit Reports) that were designed to collapse by group.   These reports properly allow rows to collapse within groups when the reports are opened in 'Full Report' mode.   When these reports are embedded in a form, the collapsing check boxes are displayed but do not work.  

What setting controls whether or not rows on an embedded report collapse by group?

Thanks in advance for your help!

------------------------------
Annetta Coleman

5 Replies

• I believe that only the New Style table reports have the feature to collapse groups.  But at this time the embedded reports on Forms are still the "Old Style".

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AnnettaColeman
      Qrew Cadet
      This report does have feature to collapse groups.   The problem is that it works properly in FULL report mode and does not collapse when embedded.   Do you mean that New Style reports will work properly in embedded fashion?   How does one know which reports are New Style reports vs Old Style reports?

Annetta Coleman
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        What I am saying is that embedded reports on forms are still the old style report and hence they do not have the collapse feature.

One way to tell the difference that is if you hover over the right edge of the black heading of a column, on the old style reports you get a white triangle which invokes a drop-down of different actions you can do on that field or column. On the new style reports  you get a three dots icon to invoke the column actions.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com