Forum Discussion

LindleyCangco
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

How to create a data entry form that can submit multiple entries/rows of data in one go?

QB Noob here.

I'm trying to create a data entry form that allows multiple rows of data to be entered, specifically invoices. It will be inefficient for our people to submit 1 form per 1 invoice so I'm trying to find a solution.

The idea is, the form should allow you to enter something like this:

Invoice#  Amount
12345     10
12344      5
13333      5
12223     12

7 Replies

• Did you try creating a "grid edit" report? That should help solve your problem. Create a new report under "grid edit" category and it should allow your users to edit or enter multiple items at once.
  • Thanks for your input, Kingsly.

Yes I've tried the grid edit however, this method feels like it's a spreadsheet more than a form because they will have to enter their names multiple times, email address and other "identifier stuff". Maybe I'll do this as a last resort but for now, I'm looking for something similar to google forms that I can just send the link to all employees which doesn't require them to have a QB account or have a knowledge of. 

Not sure if I'm making sense here.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Note that with grid edit you can easily copy, paste and also "fill down".  That last one is very useful as you can enter data on the top row, then click the column heading to highlight the whole column and then and then right click to fill down.  Pretty quick imho.