Forum Discussion

AnnettaColeman
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

How to embed an interactive QB report into Outlook meeting Request?

We have a Portfolio Project Governance Application that has ~400 projects. We have three types of governance meetings and have developed our Agendas in a "Review" table. Users can see and pre-review projects on Agenda from within their dashboards. We also need the option to embed the agenda within our Outlook meeting request. Some users will want to link from there and other attendees will not be users. Senior execs attend these meetings so the agenda needs to look crisp, yet interactive.

Please note: these are NOT calendar items, but rather agenda items that need to be embedded easily into an Outlook agenda.

Problem: I can highlight the agenda report and paste into an Outlook meeting invite agenda space. The project IDs on the agenda properly take a user to the right project, but the visual aesthetics are so crude that it is unusable in current form. (pic attached)
  • Is there a better way to embed this report rather than cut/paste?
  • Is there a way to remove / improve the column and header defects shown on the attached pic?
Thanks in advance for your help!

------------------------------
Annetta Coleman

4 Replies

• If you don't want that first column included in your copy and paste then you will need to have a button on the form that would re-display the parent record with a different embedded report that doesn't include that column.

I can't explain why the last column heading is missing but if it's a case that the last column headings it's always missing when you do a copy and paste than one option would be to have that alternate report include a very skinny  last column with nothing in it

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AnnettaColeman
      Qrew Cadet

The parent record is the Project ID column and it works fine.

The column to the left is the pencil and eyeball column.   I cannot unselect the column when doing a copy / paste.

I will try the skinny column to the right.   Certainly not desireable.

Annetta Coleman
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        If you create a Table report and de-select
        Allow View
        Allow Edit

... then you will not see the pencil or the eye icons.  But there may still be an empty column, not sure about that.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com