Forum Discussion

AndrewKurtz
Qrew Member
2 months ago
Solved

How to Force Index of File Attachment Field for Advanced Search?

How to Force Index of File Attachment Field for Advanced Search? Can't See <Some Attached File> Option

Hi Folks,

The availability of the advanced search option <Some Attached File> seems random. Has anyone pinpointed how this works?

I need to search within file attachments stored in a single QB table and have tried without success:

Loading a single ocr pdf, setting the "Include this field when searching/filtering this table" option, then waiting 24 hours for indexing. No search option for "<Some Attached File>".

Creating the file attachment field and setting the "Include this field when searching/filtering this table" BEFORE adding files. Then adding files and waiting 24 hours+ for indexing, but no search option for "<Some Attached File>".

Removing other file attachment fields in the table. No change.

One table has the search option for some reason, but I can't get the option to appear on any other table.

Thanks!

• Update:

Key is to check the index file attachments button on the table specific advanced settings AND the file attachment field.

Table Settings:

Field Settings:

I had the correct search option for indexed documents within 15 minutes of checking both boxes for my target table.

1 Reply

• Update:

Key is to check the index file attachments button on the table specific advanced settings AND the file attachment field.

Table Settings:

Field Settings:

I had the correct search option for indexed documents within 15 minutes of checking both boxes for my target table.