Forum Discussion

GeoffStuart
Qrew Member
4 years ago

How to give a Group accesds to an app?

I tried to reply to an existing discussion but somehow ended up here, so I'll start a new one.  Here's the solution one of your reps stated on another case:

A group is a collection of Users. Typically this might be like mycompany.all.managers as a name.  Then when you want to grant access to an app you do not need to list every manager, you just give the group access.

This is exactly what I'm trying to do, so I don't have to assign every single user to an app one-by-one.  That's very cumbersome and prone to errors.  Problem is, I cannot find any link on the Manage Users page to do this.  Please assist.

Thanks,

------------------------------
Geoff Stuart

4 Replies

• Sorry, I meant "access to an app".  Seems I cannot edit my post in this system.

Geoff Stuart
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion
      If you have the permissions to manage groups than one way to locate that button is on the users page where you see a whole list of users for an App, at he top right, you should see links to Manage Roles and also Manage Groups.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        GeoffStuart
        Qrew Member
        Mark,

Sorry, I do not see those buttons on the Manage Users page (see pic).  I think I have the highest level of admin access, so can you send me a shot of the exact buttons you're referring to (when you get off the slopes, that is!).

Thanks!

Geoff Stuart