Forum Discussion

JohannesMweli
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

How to invoke a form from a button click

Hi Quickbase Community Developers,

I have created a new form on the table. This means that the table now has two forms - the original / default one which I always land on when I invoke the application and the additional one which I just created. All the fields in the new form are also on the default form however the new form has fewer fields than the default form. In the default form I have also created a button that I would like to invoke the new form with when it?s clicked. Do you guys know how can I code the button on the default form to invoke / display the new form when it?s clicked. Kindly advise.

Thanks,

Johannes

4 Replies

• no problem

make a URL formula field to switch forms

URLRoot() & "db/" & dbid() & "?a=dr&dfid=10&rid=" & [Record ID#]

That is saying to use form ID #10.  The forms are numbered when you view the forms list.

If you want to edit instead of display, you would change the dr (display record) to er (edit record)

• Thank you very much. I am new to Quickbase so it may take me a while to get this to work even though it looks so simple. I will let you know how it goes. 
  • Thank you once more, the solution you provided worked fine for me. I am now running into a different problem however that's within the application that I am trying to integrate Quickbase with and i am pretty sure I am going to solve that
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Well, just keep hacking your way forward through the jungle and obstacles with your machete and you will finally get to the open savanna and free roaming.