Forum Discussion

AnnettaColeman
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

How to order Pie (and other charts) Label Segments other than alpha or value?

Hopefully there is a simple answer to this question.....

I need to order Pie Chart and Funnel Charts Labels in a fashion other than alphabetic by label or value of the segment.Example:   Five Project Phases:   Initiating, Planning, Executing, Delivering, Closing.   Labels on these charts need to progress in that specific order of labels.   Neither alphabetic by label of value of the contents with the series segment 'tell' the story needed. 

How do I order the segments on these charts by a custom order sequence of labels?

Thanks!

------------------------------
Annetta Coleman

5 Replies

• Assuming that these phases are chosen from a multiple-choice test you should be able to set the field properties for that multiple choice list sort "in the order listed above".  Just make sure they are listed in the order that you want.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AnnettaColeman
      Qrew Cadet
      The multiple choice field does have them 'in the order listed above'.   The problem is that when I create a pie or funnel (or any other) graphical chart using that field as the series, the chart is displayed by either label (alphabetic) or value (of the contents).   Clearly a chart like a funnel chart needs to be in a specific order.   I created another formula text field to place a leading number prefix, but that solution is too clunky for our executives.   I shouldn't have to convert Initiating, Planning ... Closing Phases to 1.Initiating, 2.Planning ... 5.Closing to simply control the order through the funnel.    Ugh!!   What other options can control series label order?

Annetta Coleman
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        I think you are stuck with numbering. I looked back on a Funnel chart I did and I see that I had to number it as well.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com