Forum Discussion

AnnettaColeman
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

How to represent ZERO on a Gauge Chart KPI?

For executive reporting we would like to show KPI # values on Dashboards using a Gauge Chart to represent # of review items completed and another KPI to show review items left to complete.   

In this use case there are many times when the Gauge Report should report a zero.  
Example:   # of review items left to complete should be zero if all reviews are complete
Example:   Both Review Items Completed and Review Items left to complete would be zero if there are No Review Items on the Agenda to Review.

We are using filters to identify the data set.   

How do we get the Gauge Chart to represent zero?   In the examples above we get a message "There aren't any matches for this report filter".    Perhaps we should be using a report formula in addition to a filter?

------------------------------
Annetta Coleman

3 Replies

• I believe the Gauge chart will work perfectly on a Dashboard.  It behaves s differently. 

Also proving you can do the forum from the jungle in Vietnam. See attached  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion

Edit:

I have never tested the behavior of the KPI widget when the filter results in zero. Just the unfiltered behavior. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        AnnettaColeman
        Qrew Cadet

Mark - 

You are absolutely correct.   The gauge chart that produces a filter error in report mode works perfectly in the dashboard view (which is where I needed the KPI).   Appreciate your support!

Are you in Vietnam now?

Annetta Coleman