Forum Discussion

chrisrichardso
Qrew Member
16 days ago

How to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error C 343?

Has anyone dealt with QuickBooks Desktop Error C 343? I'm encountering this error when trying to launch the application. I've tried updating QuickBooks and checking my system files, but nothing seems to work. Any advice or detailed steps on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply

• Hi chrisrichardso 

QuickBooks Desktop Error C 343 occurs when the QuickBooks software is unable to read a QuickBooks company file. This error can be caused by corrupted or missing Windows components, outdated QuickBooks versions, or damaged company files.

To resolve this error, follow these steps:

1. Update QuickBooks: Ensure you are using the latest version of QuickBooks. Go to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks. Follow the prompts to install the latest updates.
    2. Check Microsoft Components: Install the latest updates for Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++.
    3. Run QuickBooks File Doctor: This tool can diagnose and repair issues with your company file. Download and run QuickBooks File Doctor from the Intuit website.
    4. Re-register MSXML DLL Files: Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and enter the following commands:
      regsvr32 MSXML.dll
      regsvr32 MSXML2.dll
      regsvr32 MSXML3.dll

If the problem persists, contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.