Forum Discussion

JohnHajian
Qrew Member
10 months ago
Solved

How to work with USPTO website and create table based on JSON file

We have a database in Quickbase that stores records relating to patents..  We want to know if the following is feasible to do in Quickbase:

1. .       Create a temp table based on Json returned form peds (patents REST API)
  2. s

ort table
  3.  run query for docs that Match doc codes you want to download and download them.

We would like to know if this is possible.  Thank you in advance.

------------------------------
John Hajian
  • I believe this is possible although I dont think I haven't done this exactly, I have done all the pieces of this as some point.  Pipelines will be what you need to use. 

1.The general methodology in pipelines would be to:
    fetch a JSON >iterate over Json Records> add Records to your Table.

The rest  is done with reporting in Native Quickbase (sort & filter).  Your hardest part in my opinion will be fetching json IMO.

Here are some other paths and thoughts but without building and testing I wouldn't know for sure the exact way.  Sometimes there are limitations in Pipelines sometimes limitations in your API call to get the json response.

2. Fetch a JSON >define a table>iterate over Json Records>add rows to that table>download CSV>Fetch CSV>Iterate over CSV records> add Records to your Table

or

3. Webhook Make Request>iterate over records with Jinja code> ??

Greg

1 Reply

• I believe this is possible although I dont think I haven't done this exactly, I have done all the pieces of this as some point.  Pipelines will be what you need to use. 

1.The general methodology in pipelines would be to:
    fetch a JSON >iterate over Json Records> add Records to your Table.

The rest  is done with reporting in Native Quickbase (sort & filter).  Your hardest part in my opinion will be fetching json IMO.

Here are some other paths and thoughts but without building and testing I wouldn't know for sure the exact way.  Sometimes there are limitations in Pipelines sometimes limitations in your API call to get the json response.

2. Fetch a JSON >define a table>iterate over Json Records>add rows to that table>download CSV>Fetch CSV>Iterate over CSV records> add Records to your Table

or

3. Webhook Make Request>iterate over records with Jinja code> ??

Greg