Forum Discussion

KristyWilliford
Qrew Assistant Captain
6 years ago

I want to display a table with checkboxes inside the table to take inputs from the user.Can you please suggest me how do I do so?

7 Replies

• You can create a table.
    Then create some fields including presumably a text field to identify the record and then a bunch of check box field types fields to allow the user to check off the boxes either on a form, or in grid edit mode.
    KristyWilliford
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    I would like to do it in the same form as a part of the table.It has only 4 options.
  • Do you want the form itself to have an embedded table on it or do you just need to just create 4 checkbox fields on your record.
      GiuseppeMacri
      Qrew Captain
      Make your form in the main table, make a table with just the check boxes you want, relate the second table to the main table whereas the main table is the parent and the checkbox table is the child.

In the form, where it says just the second tables name, make sure you change its form settings to be edittable.
      KristyWilliford
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      okay.Can I write a code for a table to be embedded in the form as you mentioned previously.
  • I recently had a situation where we thought that we needed checkboxes in a table, in the end we found that using appropriately named multiselect text boxes worked much better.  Think about your use case and see if a multiselect field per row or per column would solve your data gathering needs before you head down the road of creating a large matrix of checkboxes. 

Maybe this wont work for your case, but if it does it will be easier to implement and likely be a cleaner interface for the user.