Forum Discussion

BrianSeymour
Qrew Cadet
8 months ago

Identifying Whether A Given Field Is Used In Any Pipelines?

When viewing the "Usage" tab in the Field settings, we typically get a nice view to see where the field is used throughout the app, such as other dependent Fields like formulas, Forms, Form Rules and Reports. These references are linked too, for quick navigation. We also sometimes see a "Webhook" reference that is prefixed with "CLOUDPIPES_" followed by a series of numbers such as CLOUDPIPES_1234567890999999. When following the link, we get a  Quickbase Warning stating "This Webhook cannot be opened."

I believe Cloudpipes was acquired by Quickbase several years ago and perhaps powers Pipelines under the hood.

Anyway, is there a way to cross-reference a given Cloudpipes Webhook ID from the Field's Usage tab (e.g. CLOUDPIPES_1234567890999999) to a Pipeline ID or Pipeline name?

It's cumbersome and error prone to hunt through our many Pipelines to find if/when a given field is used! This question is similar to other forum posts, but a bit different.

------------------------------
Brian Seymour

5 Replies

• Not that I'm aware of, no. I've looked at the REST API for field usage and it just shows that its in a webhooks, and nothing I've seen within the Pipelines interface or behind the scenes that would correlate the cloudpipes generated webhook to the actual pipeline that is generated in the interface unfortunately. I've never been able to tie them together outside of guess and check. 

Chayce Duncan
    ChristineWhite
    Qrew Assistant Captain

Support is able to provide the Pipeline ID, though I agree including this information in the usage section would be very helpful.  There is a request to have this added if you'd like to add your vote:

Pipelines as part of Field Usage #123435

Christine White

BrianSeymour1
      Qrew Member

Deleted

Brian Seymour

BrianSeymour
      Qrew Cadet

Thank you, I just voted for this feature request too!

Brian Seymour
  • Like others have said, there is no way to tell, except by emailing customer support. I message them all the time to get the info, in hopes they will scream at the developers to let users know, so they can stop wasting their time. It's so silly that they have a Pipelines number in the usage tab, yet that number means absolutely nothing.

Mike Tamoush