Forum Discussion

MuhammadGhazali
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Import to Update Records

Hi,
I'm trying to update certain records in a table and providing QB with the unique field data to update only one field in that table. However, QB errors with message asking for data for other Required fields in that table.
I'm using Import file feature and pulling data in from an Excel file with data for Unique ID and the field to be updated. But QB wants me to provide data for other required fields in that table. What am I missing?
Regards,
-Muhammad

------------------------------
Muhammad Ghazali

1 Reply

• "I'm using Import file feature and pulling data in from an Excel file with data for Unique ID and the field to be updated. But QB wants me to provide data for other required fields in that table. What am I missing?"

You are missing the data for other required-fields in the table.  If you go to the table's Fields List; and look for fields with a red-asterisk; you will find those fields which are required at the field-level (versus the Form level via a checkbox).

If you try to import data into a table and you do not have data for the Required Fields; the import will fail.

You can uncheck the Required checkbox in the field properties; and use the make-this-field-required checkbox on the Form for manual-data-entry.

Then your import should be fine.

Laura Thacker (IDS)
    laura@intelligentdbs.com
    (626) 771 0454