Forum Discussion

WilliamMarrone
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

Including JQuery UI Files

Hello,

I am trying to include a simple date picker pop up before a report to generate data from a specific date range. I am trying to use JQuery UI but cannot seem to reference it correctly or maybe have not stored it in the correct place. Anyone that has used Jquery UI in quickbase have any ideas?

2 Replies

• Guess I should further clarify, I am currently using Javascript to grab data from three different Quick Base Apps and aggregate them together into a HTML Window using tables to create a daily report. I want to make a datetimepicker to prompt users instead of them typing in Dates. I do not know how to use Jquery UI in relation to Quick Base.
  • Hi William,

I don't know if I can help, but I'll take a shot.

You have to remember that QuickBase is a 'no-code' platform, so they are actively trying to remove concerns like package management.  However; most nerds, like myself, still want to be able to do the cool things you speak of.

So, the method I've found to deal with this is to simply create a code page called something like 'lib-<my-include>.js ('lib-jquery-ui-1-12-1.js') and paste the distributable code into it.  Then you can reference it in your other html code page like this... 

<script src="https://domain.quickbase.com/db/xxxxxxxxx?a=dbpage&pagename=lib-jquery-ui-1-12-1.js"></script>

This, of course, also works with a cdn or similar.

Hope this helps..

~Rob