Forum Discussion

AdamHollman
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Intro & Queries - Warner Bros. International TV Production

Hello everyone.

We have recently signed up with Quickbase to offer the platform as a online production tool for our 15+ production companies around the world. All our producers enter in all production details and we then compile in the database and provide slate reports whilst also offering a transmission calendar.

However, I'm not that up to scratch with formulas so wondered if anyone could help me with these tasks. 

Task 1 - Creating a New/Update field which will show the status NEW with green background when a new record is created in the past 30 days from report creation. OR show the status UPDATE with orange background when a new record is updated in the past 30 days from date of access. These will show in a new field which will then be able to print on the reports. The flags do not.

Task 2 - Create a report formula which lists all of the records where a specific field has been updated and create a report with basic record detail and then provide that record detail next to the specific field which has been changed with the detail in that field.

Task 3 - I have a Notes On Progress field set with Log the edits to this field, and show them on forms option turned on am using the formula Trim(Left(NotLeft([Notes],"]"),"[")) in another field to trim off all the other tracked notes when running reports, but I need a formula which if there are no other updated or edited notes, it shows the original note OR the updated note. Can someone help?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Adam

------------------------------
Adam Hollman
Exec Director, IP Management,
Warner Bros.Int.TV Production.

17 Replies

• Hi Adam, welcome and glad you are part of our amazing community. 

For Task 1, you could make a status multiple choice field and formula rich text field. You would have to update the status field manually or, write a formula, and/or use Automations to determine what is New and what is Updated. You may want something more automated if you have alot of users and/or reports. 
    (Formula Rich Text)
    var text mystatus = [Status];

Case($mystatus,
    "NEW", "<div style='color: #fff !important; background-color: #2ca01c; display: inline-block; border-radius: 4px; padding: 0.5em 1em .5em .75em; margin: 0.5em; border: 1px solid #2ca01c; text-decoration: none;'>NEW</div>",
    "UPDATED", "<div style='color: #fff !important; background-color: #FFB749; display: inline-block; border-radius: 4px; padding: 0.5em 1em .5em .75em; margin: 0.5em; border: 1px solid #FFB749; text-decoration: none;'>UPDATED</div>")​

Everett Patterson
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      Adam,
      Can you post these two questions below as separate questions on this forum and for each try to better explain them with an example?    I'd like to help but not able to understand either one.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      markshnier2@gmail.com
        AdamHollman
        Qrew Trainee
        HI Mark
        Thankyou for spending the time to read and try and work out my quandry...

TASK 1

Creating a New/Update field which will show the status NEW with green background when a new record is created in the past 30 days from report creation.

OR show the status UPDATE with orange background when a new record is updated in the past 30 days from date of access. These will show in a new field which will then be able to print on the reports. The flags do not.

So I need a formula so that a column returns a status of NEW or UPDATED if the Record Created field is 30 days old or if the Record Modified field is 30 days old (to show UPDATED)

Thanks to @Everett Patterson above I know how to create a colour field but I don't know the formula to create the NEW or UPDATED marker.

Thanks Adam​

Adam Hollman