Forum Discussion

NaveedAhmed
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

Is it possible to dynamically change the default position/value of a dropdown based on a formula.

For e.g. Dropdown has 3 option: (X,Y,Z).
If field A has the value 1, Dropdown should have default value (or automatically sets to the value) of X and if field A has the value 2, Dropdown should have default value (or automatically sets to the value) of Y.

6 Replies

• I am sure you have considered the possibility of using a formula for field2 that is based on the value of field1. If you feel that it is not such a straight-forward situation, you can use dynamic form rules to just that. And to make it more generic, you can even use automations.
      NaveedAhmed
      Qrew Cadet
      Hi Surya, I do not understand. Will appreciate some clarity. One is a normal/regular field and the other (which needs to be made dynamic) is a drop-down. 
      ArchiveUser
      Qrew Captain
      If you can use a formula field for field2, then it will not be a dropdown anymore. Which means users cannot change the value of field2 directly. It would be auto calculated based on the formula (for field2) Hope that clarifies.
      NaveedAhmed
      Qrew Cadet
      Okay thanks. I need it to be a drop-down. Can you suggest what else I can do keeping in mind the requirements i have. How would automation help?