Forum Discussion

DawnRene3
Qrew Trainee
11 months ago

Is there a way to add a line break to a text field directly in the pipeline

I have a pipeline that creates new records in another app based on a status change. One of the fields that I want to add to the newly created record is a combination of fields from the original application. For instance, to the Description field in the table where I want the record created I want a list of fields from the source table.

Description (pipeline)

Meeting on {{a.meeting_time}} with {{a.participant_full_name}}. Status: {{a.status}}

This can get quite lengthy in the field in the new record and I'm wondering if there is any way to put in some code directly in the pipeline so the field in the new record is in a list (on their own line) rather than bunched together. It would also be nice to formulate any html directly in the pipeline if it is going to a rich text field.

Any idea if this is possible?

Dawn

------------------------------
Dawn Rene

2 Replies

• Hey Rene,

For a standard "Text - Multi-line" Quickbase field, just hitting enter (return) should created a "carriage return" and put your text on a new line.

However, for "Formula - Text" fields types you can try using "\n" (backslash followed by the letter n) to create a newline.

Oftentimes, I will create a formula field in a Quickbase table to review the results in a report to better "visualize" the data , then pull that formula field into the Pipeline.

I hope that helps!

Brian Seymour
      DawnRene3
      Qrew Trainee

Thank you! That worked!

Dawn Rene