Forum Discussion

TimBeaulieu
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

Is there a way to send an annual Reminder to 'Open: Emails sent openly to anyone' and use a customer email address?

Is there a way to send an annual Reminder to 'Open: Emails sent openly to anyone' and use a customer email address?  It would be nice if Reminders had the same functionality as Notifications. 

2 Replies

• Since Subscriptions and Reminders can only go to QuickBase Users, you would need to have a Subscription report go to an inside staff member and have them click a button on each record to fire the Notification.  It's probably also possible to reduce this to one click to fire off a small script which would walk down that report to trigger individual emails.
  • I figured out a solution that is fairly simple.

My database has a list of people who need annual reminders for appointments.
    In my summary report I have a field that shows days till due/days past due. 
    I created a new field called 'reminder sent'  in date format next to the days till due field (any format field would work).

Next, I created a new notification and set it to send an email to the email address listed in the field, a record is modified, and when specific fields change and selected 'reminder sent'. 

Now I sort by the due date field, grid edit the report and add todays' date to the reminder sent field for the records about to expire which will trigger the notification to be sent to the 'Open: Emails sent openly to anyone' address. 

I then have sent the notification and have a record of the date the notification was sent... I can then trigger another notification by updating the date field a week/month later if they don't respond to the first notification.