Forum Discussion

MathewCrist
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Kanban board settings

Hi,

Is there a setting that will prevent the ability to drag and drop Kanban board cards from one column to another?

Thanks,

Matt

------------------------------
Mathew Crist

2 Replies

• I think when someone drags-and-drops items on a Kanban board, it's considered the same as if they had just edited that record and changed the corresponding field that the Kanban lanes are based on. So you could potentially modify their role permissions within the app so they're read-only, which would prevent them from making any changes, or you could just lock down that particular field that the Kanban is based on.

If you still want them to be able to modify that field in other contexts (like if they click directly into the record) then I'm not sure how to lock it down in just the Kanban report. I think the point of a Kanban, normally, is specifically so that you can click-and-drag to move items around, as a quicker or more intuitive way of organizing certain information (like the status of certain records). I could be wrong though.

Jake Rasmussen
      MathewCrist
      Qrew Member
      Ok, thanks for weighing in. I do have permissions set to require a note any time a field is modified on a record. So, when a person opens and modifies a record, they are forced to leave a note. When they drag and drop, they are not required to leave a note though. I want to prevent that from happening. I could potentially switch reporting from a KanBan to a table report, but I was hoping I could just turn off the drag and drop.

Mathew Crist