Forum Discussion

TonyGonzalez
Qrew Trainee
6 months ago

Lack of Radio Buttons for Numeric Field

Just wondering if anyone else finds this a very peculiar limitation.  It would be SO MUCH simple for my Customer Sat Survey to have horizontal radio buttons for the 1-5 rankings instead of the drop down that then requires two clicks.  I can live with the way it is, but coming from SmartSheet where I had this option, I find it a little frustrating for something as powerful as QB to be behind on that option.  (and yes, I realize I could do it as text, but then I have to have another helper field to translate to a numeric value for averaging/reporting purposes and that's counterproductive.)

------------------------------
Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
IT Director City of New Braunfels

3 Replies

• I can't offer much for the text/number component and having to convert the value to a number, but the new forms allow for you to display MC lists as radio buttons with the option for vertical or horizontal. 

Chayce Duncan
      TonyGonzalez
      Qrew Trainee

Yes, Chayce.  But not for Numeric fields.  Only Text MC fields.  That's the sticking point for me.

Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
      IT Director City of New Braunfels
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

I can only speak for myself - but there are lots of instances like that in QB, good and bad. To your point it's only a minor inconvenience to put a field on the form for entry only - make it non-searchable and non-reportable and do the simple ToNumber conversion for the field to report on. If you have lots of fields like this I can see your point - but the radio option hasn't changed for numeric fields over the past 10+ years so I don't expect anything about it to change accordingly. 

Chayce Duncan