Forum Discussion

KatherinePark
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Letter for Communicating

How would I create a letter for communicating to an employee? I have a table with the information needed but I need to create a letter that has that information on it for the supervisor to email to each employee. The table has all of the employees for that supervisor. Each employee needs a letter.

------------------------------
Katherine Park

5 Replies

• Can you explain what you mean by a letter?

Can you get away with a simple email Notification?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      KatherinePark
      Qrew Trainee
      I believe email would work if there is a way to simplify sending 20+ emails at once with each having individual information. So say I was a team lead. I have 20 employees. Each need their own letter or email saying what their performance is for the month.

Katherine Park
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        We can definitely work through this together. The first step is to create a dedicated form called perhaps monthly performance feedback. Obviously lay out the form with the employee name at the top and the various performance feedback fields on the form. For the actual text words of the form you can either have Text elements that are directly typed into the form or else you can also make rich text formula fields to construct the text.

You can then experiment by setting up an email notification to yourself being triggered when a particular date time field is updated. You can make a field called send performance feedback as a date time field. 

When i I have a moment, I will post back here with the code for a button which will update that field with the current date time and refresh the page. 

I suggest that you make a report filtered where that date time field is not equal to today. 

That way the manager can run the report and simply quickly click on the 20 buttons to send the 20 emails.  After each click the report will refresh with one less record on it. So the manager just keeps clicking until they are all gone. 

I would set that email notification up so that the from or reply to email is set to be the user in the field last modified by. That way if the employee has any questions they can respond to the email as opposed to responding to Notify@Quickbase. which is a deep dark black hole. 

There are more advanced techniques which would allow you to send multiple emails in one click but let's get the basics working and in all probability a manager doesn't have so many people reporting to them that clicking 10 or 20 buttons would be a problem. 

I will post back with some suggested button code in the next day or two.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com