Forum Discussion

RicardoSendra__
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

Limit the # of times an Automation runs for Multiple updated records in the same table.

I have an Automation set to run a Table to Table import when a record changes in a table, the problem is that Multiple Records change at the same time and the Action is re importing the Table for every record updated (undesired for multiple reasons) how do I make this only run once no mater how many records are updated at the same time?

Here are the Details:
- The Table that is activating the Automation is a Connected Table that gets updated from an external Source. it always updates multiple records.
- When this table Updates, I want to run this automation Once. The Automation Runs a Table to Table import that imports all of the Records appropriately in the destination table(s) on its first run._
- Running the automation again is causing one of the tables to duplicate all of the records since it is an event tracking table and the records do not update they are always created  causing n*n duplication of the requited Data and is a waste of computation time..  The other Tables are mergeable so no data effects are seen

3 Replies

• Hi there,

Without reviewing your app, there are two approaches I can think of to resolve this.

1. Build a scheduled automation that runs your table import once a day.
    2. Use an add/modify action that mirrors the record into the destination table instead of a table import.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

-Matt
      RicardoSendra__
      Qrew Trainee
      Thanks Matt,

This occurred to me after posting this and I fixed primary table that was multiplying, but I wanted to avoid having to duplicate this import code in different Automation(s). 

I liked that it was all defined in once place with the Table to Table Import.  Also the location of the Code would be in the correct App holding the final data instead of the DataFeed App.

Thanks for your feedback!
      MattSaforrian
      Qrew Member
      Great to hear that you figured it out. We're always looking to improve automations. If you have any specific ideas or suggestions, PLEASE post them over at UserVoice. I check it at least once and week and use it to judge what the most important topics are.

Best,

-Matt Saforrian
      Product Manager, Automations