Forum Discussion

JessicaStevens
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Linking to Profile from Table to Table

Hello, 

I have set up a series of automations and imports and have it working perfectly for my needs. The only thing I can not figure out is how to add a link to a profile from one table using import to another table. The way i have it all set up the table to table relationships aren't working. 

I will explain further:

I have agencies in table A that get submitted for approval from table A. Through a series of automations and imports they will then appear on table B where they are approved or declined. I would like to be able to include a link on table B to the agency profile on table A. So when the person is reviewing the agency for approval they can easily click a link to the profile instead of having to search for it on table A. 

I know how to do this using relationship and I don't know if this is possible with out a relationship, but when i set up the table to table relationship, all the fields appear blank. 

Here is a screen shot of table B if it helps:

My thought process- is there a way to set up a field on Table A that basically creates a link to itself that I can then set up to import over to table B?

------------------------------
Jessica Stevens

1 Reply

• Hi Jessica,
    I think you need a many to many relationship between the two tables.

From there, you can set the reference field proxy to match the record ID of the transaction in Table A.

You'll need to make sure you're importing data that connects the entries in Table B to the approval in Table A.

I've actually never ran an import in QuickBase before, but I think it doesn't link any field tables unless you tell it to. I think setting up a reference proxy field is your best bet. 
    Hope this helps!

Karah Weber