Forum Discussion

ErikPye1
Qrew Member
5 years ago

Mail to: Multiple records, multiple fields

Looking for a way to do a 1 click "email to" a list of contacts and their admins.

I have the emails of both, with the ability to "email all" at the bottom of the table.

I have a formula-url field programmed w/ email and Cc.

I can't find a way to program 1 button (or other suggestion) to pull all folks in a filtered list and send it to the default email client.  Currently, I have table reports for each "group," download the spreadsheet, copy and past email address to either "TO" or "Cc" as needed.

Any suggestions?

------------------------------
Erik Pye
Affirmant Health Partners
-Learner -Includer -Developer -Positivity -Belief

3 Replies

• So you are sitting on a contact record and there is an embedded child table of admins?

If that is the case, you can create a text field which mirrors the email field on the child table but converts it to text,.  Then use a combined text summary field in the relationship to get those email addresses up to the Parent contact.  

Then convert that back to a text field using

SearchAndReplace([All Admin emails]," ; ",";")
    That should remove the spaces around the semi colon and convert to text.

Then use that in your MailTo: formula.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ErikPye1
      Qrew Member
      Apologies for the lack of info.

Sittin on a Parent table (groups) with contacts embedded as the child (unfortunately can't share screenshots as info is private).  The Child (contacts) have two email fields, one for the main contact, the other for contacts admin.

When I filter the Groups table I would like to have one button to email all contacts (to:) and admins (Cc:).  This button can live on a "Home page".  Currently, I have report linked buttons to automatically download the spreadsheet containing the email addresses. We then copy and paste in our native email client (Outlook).

Does that help?

Erik Pye
      Affirmant Health Partners
      -Learner -Includer -Developer -Positivity -Belief
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        I think that this would be possible to do if the # of contacts was not more than 150.  But I would have to work with you on a one on one basis to get this working. It would take a few hours of consulting time on a screen share session to get this working.  Contact me via my signature link info if you have a bit of a budget to get this working.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com