Forum Discussion

KaisaJanzen
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

Method of Converting OBE32 Record ID's into Decimal Integers

After recently following Dan Diebolt's exciting Service Worker Travel Log, I am eager to exploit the many cool things they do.  However, I am stuck with a problem that I can't seem to work around.

when creating a link to a specific record, QB will allow users to do create a link using integers, e.g. jamestkirk.quickbase.com/bgnc1701q?a=er&rid=2001

however, when I'm editing, viewing etc (I understand this URL changes based on function), QB will give me (what I think) is an OBE32 link.  So the link looks like link: jamestkirk.quickbase.com/bgnc1701q?a=er&r=gqj&rl=ftf

Is there a way to convert the OBE32 into the integer?  I'm asking because I know service workers will allow me to log the URL's a QB user visits.  The logs show the OBE URL.  QB wil create an integer URL for me, but these two cannot match up.

This ability to keep track of users in QB is big fat deal for me (click resistant employees) but I'm trying to figure out a way to link my list of URL's visited to the actual records so I can keep track of who viewed them.  

Any ideas are very appreciated.  Thank you.

3 Replies

• Your lucky day.  Last release in February introduced two new functions.  Look for them in the drop down list of functions in the formula box

OB32Encode  OB32Decode

I'm not sure if that answers your question, but in case you did not know about those new functions.
      hhersch
      Qrew Captain
      Great callout, Mark. This is a fully native feature that does not require manipulating Quick Base.
  • Thanks Mark!  This information eventually lead me to the solution for creating a functional edit/view log for our database users.