Forum Discussion

IvanWeiss
Qrew Captain
3 years ago

Mobile Home Page Default All Users

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a central simplified mobile home page that all users default to.  I have noticed that the new dashboards do not support mobile.  I created a new "Home Page" labeled Mobile Home Page.

How do I default all users and roles to this new Home Page from the mobile app?  This way I can create a better mobile experience....

Thanks!

------------------------------
Ivan Weiss

5 Replies

• Editing my message because I realized what I replied was wrong.

Michael Martin
  • There is not currently a way to detect the device and then use a certain Home Page. 

Is obviously a problem because sometimes you have field staff who are sometimes in the office at a computer like a manager and sometimes in the field.   You will need to put in feedback for this and if you do let me know and I will give it some votes.  Or maybe it's called "Likes" now.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      IvanWeiss
      Qrew Captain
      Yea this is a real dumb design on the quick base side honestly....  I should be able to create a default mobile view per user as right now I am basically being forced to create a super dumbed down version of my app for general usage....  But for my management team, none of their information can be found on mobile....

Ivan Weiss
        SeanConnaughto1
        Qrew Cadet
        I accidentally found this the other day, but could potentially work here.

Dashboards are not able to be default home pages on mobile, so it sends the user back to the application default home page. Maybe you could create a dashboard for desktop use and a default home for mobile? Just an idea, also it probably isn't a feature so I doubt this would be a permanent solution. I haven't had any reason to try it, so I'm not sure how reliable it is, but I wanted to share regardless.

Or, you could add a button on the top of the normal home page to take the user to the ideal mobile home page you wanted to create.
        Sean Connaughton