Forum Discussion

KaraNeal
Qrew Member
6 months ago

Multiple Tables in One Form

Good Morning,

I am wondering if there is a way to create a single form for an app to capture data for multiple tables with the form format. When I create a form, it only gives me the option to add fields to edit from one particular table.

I see this article (below) but it seems like you can only edit the other tables in grid-mode as a report. 

Thank you!

Quickbase Help

Quickbase Help remove preview
Quickbase Help
Often your users want to enter all pertinent information together, even if the data lives in separate tables. For example, when you...
View this on Quickbase Help >

------------------------------
Kara Neal

3 Replies

• If you use Legacy forms, and there is a relationship between the tables you can enter a Parent record and have multiple embedded reports on the form for multiple child tables and allow then to be "editable" (Grid Edit).  The you can enter the parent info and the child table info all in one "save".  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      KaraNeal
      Qrew Member

Thank you Mark :) 

Currently I am using the new version of forms (and this is the preferred option). What I am looking to do is to have one form to edit all tables (maybe each table in a separate "page" of the form), but NOT grid edit from a report- but not sure if this is possible.

Kara Neal
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

ya, ...that's not a supported feature t have multiple forms from multiple tables on one "form".

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com