Forum Discussion

NickVan_Laar
Qrew Member
3 years ago

My formula doesn't work

Hello!  I am admittedly new to quickbase.  I am having problems with my formula in a table not working.

(10^(6.67956-(1002.711/(((Average([Return bend Temp 1],[Return bend Temp 2],[Return bend Temp 3],[Return  bend  Temp 4])+459.67)*0.145)-14.7))))-[System Discharge Pressure]​
"Return Bend 1, Return Bend 2, Return Bend 3, Return Bend 4 and System Discharge Pressure" are all user inputs. 
For instance, if I enter:
RB1 = 80.8
RB2 = 80.4
RB3 = 80
RB4 = 80.6
System Discharge = 140

This should yield: 1.161

Am I inputting the formula wrong or missing something? Using the wrong nomenclature?
I worked this formula out in Excel first and verified it works then transferred it to quickbase:
=(((POWER(10, (6.67956-(1002.711/(((A2+459.67)*(5/9))-25.215)))))*0.145)-14.7)-D1
Any help is appreciated!  Thank you!

------------------------------
Nick Van Laar

10 Replies

• Hard to say since there is a lot going on, but I would troubleshoot by breaking it down in small increments.

Only do the Average and check the result. Once correct, add the number. Check result. Then multiply. Check result. You'll narrow it down.

Mike Tamoush
      MikeTamoush
      Qrew Commander
      Also, when you say 'not working', what do you mean? It gives you the wrong number? It gives you an error and you can't even save?

Mike Tamoush
        NickVan_Laar
        Qrew Member
        When I say "not working" I mean the result I get is
        -[System Discharge Pressure]​

The rest of the calculation doesn't happen.

Nick Van Laar
  • I always like to do variables and then I can test each section easily if needed.  Using just part of your Excel formula as example. Not saying math is right/wrong below but using as an example to show capabilities with variables.

var number a=((([Some field1]+459.67)*(5/9));
    var number b=(6.67956-(1002.711/$a-25.215)^^10; //note: you can use previous variable in subsequent variables

$a //will show just 'a' variable
    //$b //would show 'b' variable

//←rems/comments out a statement

Hopefully you get the idea.

Greg