Forum Discussion

SuzyKania
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Native Add child record button - can it not be used as a column in the new beta table report?

We have several reports which have the native Add "xxx" record button so a user can quickly add a new child record without going into the actual parent record.  Upon save of the child record, the system errors {"errorCode":102,"errorText":"Report Id not provided."} and sits on the error page.  QB can't find its way back to the report.  Is this native button which ends with & "&z=" & Rurl() not supported in the beta table report?  Is there another redirect that could be used?  Will we need a new button for every report to redirect back to the specific report?

------------------------------
Suzy Kania

4 Replies

• Wow, that sounds like a bug report for the Care team for sure.  Do you know how to put in a support ticket?

Top right the   ? and then Manage Cases.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      SuzyKania
      Qrew Trainee
      Yes. I will start a ticket.  Thanks.

Suzy Kania
  • Hi Suzy,

I would agree with Mark, if you are running into this issue while using the new reports I would suggested putting in a case with our Care team. They can take a look at it with you and if it is a bug they can report that back to the team working on the reports beta. You can create a case right here in Community by clicking on support where it appears in the upper right hand corner or when you are in Quickbase by clicking the question mark icon and selecting Manage Case like Mark mentioned. That way they can help you figure out what is going on and what the fix might be.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quickbase
      SuzyKania
      Qrew Trainee
      Thanks for the nugget about Support at the top of this Community.  I had not noticed that.  I submitted a case ticket and it is a known bug that is on the QB list.

Suzy Kania