Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
4 months ago

Native Copy Master Detail no longer?

With the removal of javascript, does this mean the use of their native copy master button cannot really be used? I mean, you can create it, but you cant modify it it in any way (even a button color) because you cant save. I like the native one, rather than the api because it lands you on the new record. Does anyone have a good work around?

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

5 Replies

• Are you having trouble making updates to it? I don't use the native one often but I have one that I was able to change the color, swap out alias text etc with no issue. It's been my understanding that that button specifically was kind of exempt from the JS restrictions. 

Chayce Duncan
      MikeTamoush
      Qrew Commander

Yeah since the word javascript is in it, you simply cant save once in the field properties, so you must leave as the default. I was hoping they would make it exempt or something of the sort. Or at least allow us to redirect to the new record using the copy master detail api.

Mike Tamoush
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Have you made changes to it previously or other changes. Classic 'It works on my machine' but I made a new one just as a test and was able to save/make changes with no issue/warnings about the JS

Chayce Duncan