Forum Discussion

TraceSymonds
Qrew Trainee
2 years ago

Need a way to create an EOTI Form, and allow users to populate Data

We have a confidential database where we have two fields in that table, that I need to make available to EOTI.  Those are the only two fields I need them to input data into.

My original thought was to do a separate table, connect the main record ID to  the new table and then they could search for the record ID, the two fields would populate and they would enter their information.  This seems ideal because I can limit what they can see/do.

However, if I have these two fields in the confidential table, and the same two fields for data entry in this new table, how do I push the data they enter in the EOTI table, over to the main confidential table?

If I do a Table to Table, I can get the Record ID from the Confidential table to populate in the EOTI table, but then if I link the two fields that need data input, they come in as read only.

Would love to have anyone's input on how you've done something like this!

------------------------------
Trace Symonds
Instructional Systems Designer
Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Albuquerque NM

Trace Symonds
Instructional Systems Designer
Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Albuquerque, NM

2021-2022 QuickBase Customer Council

1 Reply

• There are a whole variety of approaches but one approach would be to make it connected Sync table of your confidential table and open that up to EOTI access. You would only include the non-the minimum number of non-confidential fields in the EOTI Sync table.

Because the record IDs of the confidential table will be identical to the Record ID's in the connected sync table you can use a saved table to table copy to copy these across (triggered by a Pipeline to run it) for you could use a pipeline to copy them across as entries are made.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com