Forum Discussion

RahulMathew
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Need help with look-up from another table

Hi, 

I am new to managing Quickbase and I am building a new app for my team on QB. The issue is I have a list of let's say inventory and inventory related info in one table. On another table, I am adding a form where the user should be able to pick the inventory from the list of inventories that I have in the other table. I have tried table-to-table relationships but the field on the field is non-editable even though it is not set to read-only.

------------------------------
Rahul Mathew

2 Replies

• Can you explain your table structure? You have a table of Inventory Items, and a second table where you want to select those inventory items?

Without more explanation, I am assuming you are trying to use a lookup field, rather than the related field to select your inventory.

Look for a field called 'Related Inventory'. This should be your 'editable' field. Further, if you would like to use a specific lookup field for selection, you must make it a proxy field. To do this, edit the field properties of the related field. Look for a dropdown that is labeled 'Proxy'. Set that to the lookup field of your choice, and now that lookup will be 'editable'.

Mike Tamoush
      RahulMathew
      Qrew Member
      Thank you for the explanation, Mike. I was indeed making some mistake and got it corrected.

Rahul Mathew