Forum Discussion

ScottErvin
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

Need to toggle between forms

I have two forms for the same table.  One is in English the other in French.  Both forms enter the same information in the same fields in the table it is just that one has the questions in English and the other in French.

I was doing the switch between the two based on the role.  I had a French Branch role that defaulted to the French form.  However I now need to set up an Everyone on the Internet user so many others can log in BUT I need some sort of URL button or something that when the click on it they go to the French Form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies

• Its straightforward enough - just set up 2 url buttons - one for each form. Each button would then have a '&dfid=' parameter to toggle back and forth

So lets say:
    english form is form id 2
    French form is id 10

On your english form - you'd set up a url button like: 
    URLRoot() & "db/" & [_TABLE_DBID] & "?a=nwr&dfid=10" //to add a new record in the french form

Then on the french form - 
    URLRoot() & "db/" & [_TABLE_DBID] & "?a=nwr&dfid=2" //to take you back to the english form if they need

Chayce Duncan | Technical Lead
    (720) 739-1406 | chayceduncan@quandarycg.com
    Quandary Knowledge Base
  • Makes sense but it is not taking the [_TABLE_DBID] in the formula. It is saying it is not identified.  Do I use the table id?  like ggttfzrxy?a=q&qid=22?a
  • It would be really slick if the button could be on the dashboard - click for English or click for French
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      no problem.  Just temporarily remove the field label and set the field not to show as a button and view any record.  That will expose the code. 

Then make a Dashboard button as a URL (URL is a choice) and paste 'er in.
  • If you're opening it up to the internet - my assumption is that they're adding a new entry for you then leaving your system. If thats the case - then you can certainly do this. Just pop both URLs into buttons on the dashboard and you're all set.

On your button in a Dash - click on 'Page' and then 'URL' to paste in whatever URL you want - and then do 

https://yourrealm.quickbase.com/db/abc123?a=nwr&dfid=10

Make sure you don't just set the button isn't set to just do 'New Record' - you want to actually enter your own URL

Chayce Duncan | Technical Lead
    (720) 739-1406 | chayceduncan@quandarycg.com
    Quandary Knowledge Base
  • This is great!  I used the two button on the dashboard.  I also found some other instances where I can use the URL formula you gave me.  I really appreciate your help Chayce.