Forum Discussion

JohnRoss2
Qrew Assistant Captain
4 years ago

New branding, are you guys serious?

I seriously did not think that the email talking about the new brand stuff was real.  The new logo, site, colors... it all looks horrible.
I mean this is a total 180 here guys, the old logo, site, colors, etc, were sharp, clean, and professional looking.  It all popped.  Purple was QB's color and it felt good.

The new stuff? 

Not even close.  The new site in particular just look like a stereotypical/generic fake/spam website vs looking like a legitimate business website like it did before.  If i didn't know anything about QuickBase before this change, I would never suspect that it was an actual/real product and company.

Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, I'm just shocked overall that this was approved.

I mean, the colors don't even work together.  The odd yellow-off-white with the dark green, just looks dirty/sleepy.  The new logo badge in browsers is blurry, and doesn't seem to have transparency from what I can tell.  The logo its' self just is just some random squares, maybe it's supposed to be a Q?  I can't tell. 
It's all just so...boring, and generic.  The website looks like it was made with some quick free service like wix for someone's small business, not something that a large professional company would have/use.

Of course we will keep using QB... but this re-design... what on earth happened.

------------------------------
John Ross

16 Replies

• I have to completely agree. We've had a hard enough time getting our staff/higher ups to adopt Quickbase when it did look all sharp, but have made headway thanks in part to the clean, professional look in addition to the functionality. I honestly think this new branding will detract from our company wanting to use this more broadly, no matter how good the program behind the branding is. The new website is not inviting. The new organization of the menus is great for navigation, but the overall look does not make want to dig deeper beyond the not-so-great first impression.

I understand a group of advisers was used to make these decisions, but based on all the other comments of similar opinions, this seems like quite a departure from the community-based approach Quickbase has taken for all other major modifications. At least with the normal roll-out process we have a chance to provide feedback before it goes to everyone. This might have been a good approach to take for this change, as well.

Oana Toma
      AdamKeever1
      Qrew Commander
      There is too much white space for me. Decrease the padding so I don't have to scroll so much please. I like not having to add a space and make the 'b' uppercase when I am communicating with colleagues about Quickbase. Thumbs up. The logo is ok, not sure how I feel about the color scheme.

Adam Keever
        AdamKeever1
        Qrew Commander
        The 'notify@quickbase.com' notifications need updated. They still have the old logo:

Adam Keever
  • Agree, this is a very interesting choice....perhaps they are using the same focus group that is testing the new table report looks... :)

Mike Tamoush
      MichaelTamoush
      Qrew Captain
      Turns out they designed the new look using this computer

Mike Tamoush
    AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    I actually like the new logo but that is as far as that goes. The rest of the site is just beyond ugly. I cannot put my finger on what this theme is exactly but it reminds me of a muted high contrast theme and just wow. I wasn't a fan of the new forums before and they actually made them look worse now imo. 

On the page they introduce this on, Introducing Our New Brand Identity, the graphic looks like they hired grandma to cross-stitch it for them. I cannot stop seeing this with the new logo or that graphic specifically.
      EvanMartinez
      Qrew Elite
      Hi Austin,

Feedback on the changes is always good and I'm especially interested in feedback here on the community forums. I don't have a concrete date yet but we are collecting feedback on the community forums as we want to make some tweaks to help it be more efficient and user friendly so if you have some thoughts on ways we can make access information easier or better here on the community definitely email me and let me know as the community set up is something we do want to continue to tweak.

Evan Martinez
      Community Marketing Manager
      Quick Base
        AustinK
        Qrew Commander
        Some actual feedback. The worst part as far as functionality goes of this forum change that I have noticed so far is that now when I click "reply" it takes me back up to the very top of the page. Even if the reply box it opens is at the bottom. So I have to scroll back down to find the reply box each and every time. That is actually annoying.
  • I am sure someone out there likes or prefers the new look and feel.  To each their own.  My personal opinion is that it is a big miss.  As said above it feels old and does have a fake feel to it.  Especially the website font,  its like from my Grandmas recipe book or something.

Honestly, it has the feel of an April Fools joke to it :(  except its January....

On a more practical side, I am not looking forward to updating documentation for our mobile app users whom we point towards the Official QB logo in the app stores. 

Biff Stockdale
      IvanWeiss
      Qrew Captain
      When I originally saw the logo I assumed it was paying respect to the original logo or something like that while they waited to reveal the new one.  It is absolutely hideous and incredibly dated.  I just looked at the website after seeing this and yuck it is even worse in my opinion....

I work for a company that does branding and design for the foodservice industry.  I can tell you that the feeling I get now when looking through quick base is antiquated and a company not with the times....

I really hope they take another look at this and swallow pride and get this right as it really misrepresents the company.

Ivan Weiss
        BradLemke
        Qrew Assistant Captain
        Not gonna lie, this branding and look of *quickbase appears to have alot of good stuff going on under the hood - but that ain't what people are gonna see when there's extremely distracting and polarizing choices like the rotted eggshell color scheme for the background.

Don't push this change on my apps.  I really don't want to implement the IOL/BOL workarounds.

Brad Lemke