Forum Discussion

AdamKeever1
Qrew Commander
2 years ago

New Form Builder - Beta_Display Child Records on Form?

Does anyone know how to display child records on the form using the new form builder that is in beta testing? I don't see the option anywhere.

Current forms option:

New form builder in beta:

I hope I am just overlooking this option or that it will be added soon. My organization uses this feature on many forms.

I tried using the add report option, but the embedded reports from relationships are not available as options.

------------------------------
Adam Keever

6 Replies

• That would seem like a basic and necessary function! Hopefully it is there....I dind't know the beta was out. Hope they release soon!

By the way, do you know if we will need to recreate every form from scratch, that we want to use the new form builder for? Or will old forms be converted to the new builder, and we would just go in and modify as needed?

Mike Tamoush
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

My understanding is that here will not be a conversion tool.  Their software development focus is very much on building the functionality for the new forms as opposed to building a conversion tool.   I'm sure that the June 7th EMPOWER will have a major session on new forms and the planned rollout Roadmap. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AdamKeever1
      Qrew Commander

I haven't heard either way, but I assume it will be like the dashboard rollout where if you want the new format you have to make it with the new builder.

I ended up switching the view options for the embedded report to get it to show as an option to select in the new form  builder. That allowed me to select it and show it on the form.

Nice:

Adam Keever
  • Hey Adam.  I see you found a way to use Embedded Reports, but have you figured out a way to grid edit the embedded report?

Jessica Feauto
      MarkShnier__You

I see that recently they are providing an icon on the New Form to enable Grid Edit.  But there is a strong risk that users might try to add records and thus create orphans.  

Right now I'm not seeing a way to turn off offering that Grid Edit.  If that is the case, then that's a problem as if you need to enforce Form Rules, then you need a way to disable Grid Edit.

I think I will put in a Support Ticket to ask that Question.

mark.shnier@gmail.com
        MarkShnier__You

A useful Tip from Support about that Grid Edit Issue.

Are you referring to the Grid Edit Icon that appears at the top of an embedded report in New Forms? If so, you can't disable just that icon, but you can disable that entire toolbar. You can do this by clicking on the 3 dots while in the upper right corner of that element while editing the form. Then click "form elements setting" and at the bottom of the element settings you'll see "show toolbar." Uncheck that option, and save the form.

For any feedback on New Forms please feel free to submit a feature request. You can do so via the Feedback tab on the left side of the "My Apps" page. This is the best way to deliver feedback directly to the Quickbase Developers.

mark.shnier@gmail.com