Forum Discussion

KaylaShugart
Qrew Member
7 months ago

Newbie to QB - Tabs under a Record , Import Data from Excel

Hello! I work in corporate real estate and construction but under the Economic Development department. Until this week, my department has been tracking economic development points of contact, information about each address, and more on Google Sheets. I was hoping there was a way to import all this data into the existing app tracking and managing each of our hundreds of properties? The screenshot attached is to show the empty fields I want to import data for.

------------------------------
Kayla Shugart

6 Replies

• In general you can import data into Quickbase by importing a CSV file (or Excel xlsx format) and during the import process you match up the columns on the CSV with the target fields they are to be mapped to.  That is available under the import / export menu located among other places under the options for the table home page. 

Where is becomes more tricky is if there are multiple Google sheets which are inherently Parent Child relationships and you need to match up the children with their Related Parents. That is the case we would have to understand more about the relationships between your various tables in order to give you some guidance there. But if it's a single table import it should be pretty straightforward.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      KaylaShugart
      Qrew Member

Thank you, Mark. I'm working on a draft version of this in my builders account to test it out. I'm nervous about importing all these fields incorrectly into our company account and causing a mess. 

Kayla Shugart
        KaylaShugart
        Qrew Member

Apologies, I forgot to add. I can prep the CSV to be clean and aligned to the fields from the screenshot in the app, but I'm not sure how to connect the two once I've imported the csv? 

Kayla Shugart