Forum Discussion

SaviNewman1
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Obviously Theres A Way, But How?!

I have an Employee Table, and a Documents Table.

I need to be able to upload 1 document, and have it automatically display on each employee's "page"
I have two tabs.
Employee Information - Essential Documents

I want to be able to upload a document and it automatically go under each employee's "essential documents" tab.

SOS!

------------------------------
Newman, Savi

11 Replies

• Sounds like you just need a table-to-table relationship between your employee table and your documents table.  Then you can use a report link field to display a report of documents related to that employee.

Jeff Peterson
      SaviNewman1
      Qrew Trainee
      Yes, but I have to upload the same document over and over under different related employee names for it to show.
      I want to upload one document, one time, and have it appear under each employee account.

Newman, Savi
        MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander
        Are you saying that some documents are employee specific, and others are global to all employees? Or are ALL documents global for all employees?

Mike Tamoush
  • You can combine your initial process with Mark's suggestion. So you have a table of essential documents:

And that table home page has a URL:
    https://[YOUR_REALM_NAME].quickbase.com/db/[YOUR_TABLE_ID]?a=td

Copy the table home page URL and put it in the formula field that Mark described or you could simply use a formula URL field:

Place the button wherever makes the most sense on a form or table:

When they click the button, they have access to all of the essential documents.

Adam Keever