Forum Discussion

AaronB
Qrew Trainee
8 months ago

Page not refreshing after button click (+ record update, + popup page)

I want to:    Hit original button (formula URL field), update field ID #7 to now(), open splash page (as a popup), close splash page (via splash page button), return/refresh original page. 

Everything works except auto-refreshing the original page once the splash page/popup closes. 

I've tried conducting these activities in several different orders without success. 

Any help in getting me past that last hurdle will be appreciated......Aaron

-------------------------------------------------

Formula URL for the initiating button:

var text SplashPage = URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=dbpage&pageID=12";
var text RefreshPage = URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=doredirect&z=" & Rurl();

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=API_EditRecord&apptoken=<token>&rid=" &[Record ID#] & "&_fid_7=" & Now() & "&rdr=" & URLEncode($SplashPage)& "&rdr="&URLEncode($RefreshPage)

-------------------------------------------------

Splash Page  (html):

<h1><p><u>Your command has executed.</u></h1>

<button onclick="return closeWindow();">
    Close Window
</button>

<script type="text/javascript">
  window.resizeTo(950,500);
    function closeWindow() {

// Open the new window with the URL replacing the
        // current page using the _self value
        let new_window = open(location, '_self');

// Close this window
        new_window.close();

return false;
       window.resizeTo(950,500);
    }
</script>

------------------------------
Aaron B
ab1692@att.com

9 Replies

• I would convert the formula url to a formula rich text and do the following: 

"<a class='Vibrant Success OpenAsPopup' data-height=950 data-width=500 data-refresh=true href=\""& $url &"\" >Button Label</a>"

This will run your url and open whatever link you're targeting and then when you close the popup it will refresh the page for you. 

Chayce Duncan
      AaronB
      Qrew Trainee

Chayce,

I tried your solution but am getting the dreaded "404 Error, Page Unrecognized" popup when I hit the button.  I must not be integrating your solution correctly.  Here is my code for the formula rich text (button). 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

var text URL = URLRoot() & "db" & Dbid() & "?act=API_EditRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#] 
      & "&_fid_7="& Now() & "&rdr=" & URLEncode($SplashPage);

"<a class='Vibrant Success OpenAsPopup' data-height=950 data-width=500 data-refresh=true href=\""& $URL &"\" >Hit Me</a>"

Aaron B
      ab1692@att.com
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

That might be my fault, I must have copied something incorrectly as it's co-mingling ' and ". 

Try it again as 

var text URL = URLRoot() & "db" & Dbid() & "?act=API_EditRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#] 
        & "&_fid_7="& Now() & "&rdr=" & URLEncode($SplashPage);

"<a class='Vibrant Success OpenAsPopup' data-height=950 data-width=500 data-refresh=true href='"& $URL &"' >Hit Me</a>"

*the only change was to replace \" with ' around the $URL variable.

Chayce Duncan