Forum Discussion

MatthewJones
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Past due check box Formula

Good afternoon,
I'm trying to find a way to do a check box formula to make a check box be checked if a date is past due. So I have a certification table that has the employee certification and expiration dates and I am wanting some sort of visual check box to check if one of them is past due. Im wanting it to look at all the dates also. see screen shot below

------------------------------
Matthew Jones

5 Replies

• So are you just wanting a single checkbox that is checked if any of the dates are expired?   Or do you want a field that calls out visually which ones are expired if there are more than one?

For the checkbox option,  you'd make a Formula Checkbox field called "Expired Certification" and the formula would be something like:

If(
    Today()>[Cert Date1] or
    Today()>[Cert Date2] or
    Today()>[Cert Date3]
    ,true)

You'd need a line for each date field you're checking against, but if any of them are expired it would check the box.

You could also do something similar with a Formula Rich Text field,  except you could make it call it out the ones that are expired in red or something like that.  

To do that you'll make a Formula Rich Text field called 'Expired Cert Warnings' or something like that and the code would look like:

var text CertOne = If(Today()>[Cert 1 Expiration],"<span style='font-size: 14pt; text-align: right; color: Red'>CertOne is expired!.</span>","");
    var text CertTwo = If(Today()>[Cert 2 Expiration],"<span style='font-size: 14pt; text-align: right; color: Red'>CertTwo is expired!.</span>","");

List("<br>",$CertOne,$CertTwo)

You'd get this as a result if CertOne is expired:

or this if both of the 2 above are expired:

Of course you'd need to add the appropriate lines for each date field.   

Hope that helps!

Jeff Peterson

MatthewJones
      Qrew Trainee
      Good morning,
      I am wanting a single checkbox that is checked if any of them is expired. 

Thanks

Matthew Jones
        JeffPeterson1
        Qrew Captain
        OK,  just follow the first part of the instructions in my above post and that will do exactly what you're looking for.

Jeff Peterson
      MatthewJones
      Qrew Trainee
      I have 1 more question on this, if i wanted this to alert 30 days out instead of on today how would i change the string? 

var text MMC = If(Today()>[MMC EXP],"<span style='font-size: 12pt; text-align: right; color: Red'>MMC.</span>","");

Matthew Jones