Forum Discussion

AnnettaColeman
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Percent Complete does not trigger boolean Formula Field

In a project activity table I am trying to save users a few click strokes.   When the numeric percentage field "Percent Complete" =100 I would like to automatically mark the formula checkbox field "Activity Complete" to True.   Doesn't work for ANY value.    It was bugging me, so I set up an additional temporary formula Text field ''Activity Complete (text)" to automatically display "yes" if the Percent Complete field =100.   Doesn't work with ANY value.   Tried 100,  tried 1.   Tried a few decimal combinations.   Nothing will turn these boolean formula fields to True / Yes.   

What is the trick to get a numerical percentage field to properly trigger a formula?      

------------------------------
Annetta Coleman

4 Replies

• if([Percent Complete]=1, true)

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AnnettaColeman
      Qrew Cadet
      Yes, I tried both 1 and 100.   Neither worked.  Didn't get error, just didn't work.   Leaving it alone for now because I have higher priority functionality to get working.

Annetta Coleman
        AnnettaColeman
        Qrew Cadet
        As weird as this sounds, after a reboot of my laptop, the percent complete boolean formula fields worked without a hitch.   This does not make sense to me.   Can you shed any light on this?

Annetta Coleman