Forum Discussion

DougCrandall
Qrew Member
6 months ago

Phantom data appearing in 'new' embedded report

I have a form (using the new format) with an embedded report associated with an Add Child Record button. With a new Parent record, before adding new child records, the embedded report shows random data from the Child table instead of an empty table. This does not happen with the old format forms. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to just show a clean, empty embedded report?

------------------------------
Doug Crandall

3 Replies

• The old legacy form had just one step to have an embedded report and you would put in the Report Link field on the Form and configure it to display as a report  on the page.  

The new style form it's a two-step process. You put the report on the page and then as an additional filter you need to look at the configuration box and include the report link field which in essence provides an additional filter to only filter relevant children for the parent record.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • My understanding is that there is a bug whereby this is actually working "correctly".  

I'd bet these 4 records shown do not have a related parent, or the related X is blank.  Because this new record does not yet have a [record ID#], it is technically correct, in that [Record ID#] = 0 in all cases. The legacy report links masked out this situation somehow.  

My workaround thus far has been hiding this report until the record is saved.  Janky, and doesn't work for every situation, but it does the job for me.

Jeremy Myer
      DougCrandall
      Qrew Member

Jeremy, based on your hunch about these records not having a related parent, I went in and deleted them and that seemed to do the trick. The embedded report no longer shows any records on new tickets before they are saved or added.

Doug Crandall