Forum Discussion

BobThomas
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Pipeline Created, but no Activities added

Hi, I followed the Exercises: Build a triggered pipeline, and my pipeline triggers and created 5 activity records to an event. (I reran this after checking my steps). Though I see the 5 records in my Pipeline script, they don't show up in the event, under Activities

------------------------------
Bob Thomas

6 Replies

• Did your pipeline create 5 orphans?  ie did you remember to populate the field which is probably called [Related Event]

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      BobThomas
      Qrew Trainee
      Not sure Mark. Here are the fields filled out. The Related Events is the Record ID.

Bob Thomas
        AustinK
        Qrew Commander
        Your screenshot shows a record was created with a Related Event of 1, is Bob's Bike Shop event 1(record ID 1 in the Events table)? Did you double check your Activity records to make sure they are actually showing a Related Event?​, not just in the Pipeline output.

• ------------------------------
    Bob Thomas
  • I hope I'm following this thread properly, used to less graphical threads.

Well, I went on to the next pipeline, Scheduling a Pipeline and worked like a champ. So will go forward, with the option to try the Bike Event one again. BUT, I think I should start from scratch, with a new token and see if it works. It's probable that I am doing something wrong, because I am following the directions like a cookie recipe, but sometimes you have to have throw out the flour, as my wife has done, me too and begin anew. I will wait a bit in case someone finds the error, but helps to take a break and try again.

I am liking a lot of the things that can be done with QB, and hopefully will learn from this.

Bob Thomas