Forum Discussion

BasilEvans
Qrew Member
8 months ago

Pipeline to Import data from SQL table to quickbase table

Hi,

i'm having the hardest time getting data from my sql table (which i've configured and verified in pipelienes) to a quickbase table. 

All the tables have been created in quickbase the same as the tables and field names in sql server. I dont' know what the process is to just map column to column (as we do in SSIS). i was able to finally get odbc set up and i can connect to the sql server, but what are the steps to pull data from sql to quickbase using pipelines. I knw about qunect, we wont allowed to buy it, so i'm looking for a good alternative. people have pointed me to pipelines, but haven't been able to really help me get the data from sql to qb., 

------------------------------
Basil Evans

4 Replies

• You can install Google Drive or FTP on server. SQL does scheduling services which allow you to export query to CSV file . 

• You can then use Connected Tables to sync the data . (I have done this for many years)
    • You can use pipeline to parse the CSV file on Google drive (I haven't done this yet)

Prashant Maheshwari

BasilEvans
      Qrew Member

I'm trying to avoid the steps of moving to csv files, scheduling,moving creating ssis pacakges. I have the odbc connection to the database and access to the tables. So isn't there a way a pipeline can now use that data and move to quickbase tables? there has to be a way to avoid doing all the above steps.

Basil Evans
  • Hi, I think the same as Prashant, I'm almost sure you can't connect SQL directly to Quickbase. I have accumulated experience in this type of integrations, using the APIs from an external service (odbc, etc.) will always count you in the annual API consumption which may have a cost after a few months. I designed a tool that waits for the call from Quickbase, returns the necessary data to Quickbase and updates the Quickbase tables. This avoids the API count, write to me at marbentor@gmail.com if you want more information.

Thank you

Marcelo Benavides Torres

Marcelo Benavides