Forum Discussion

MichaelWhite1
Qrew Member
8 months ago

Pipeline Webhook Help Please

Hi all.

I am hoping somebody could give me some advice relating to setting up a webhook in Pipelines please?

I am trying to 'Post' to an external site (Digidentity) following their API documentation. This particular one is to retrieve an application token. I have managed to get this to work in Postman, but when I enter the settings in Quickbase I get the following error:

json:Object

error_description:"'grant_type' required."
error:"invalid_request"
The API documentation tells me to include the following data:

The bit I am struggling with is how to enter the grant_type and scope within the API. I have tried to add this into the 'Body' and this is when I get the error above. Here is what I have typed in to the body field:

{
        "grant_type": "client_credentials",
        "scope": "1e78xm7xxx3c9p1e"
}

I have checked this in a JSON viewer and it appears to be in the correct format, but I still get the message to say 'grant_type' required.

Am I missing something or trying to add it in the wrong place?

This is an example of what the request needs to look like.

Many thanks,

Michael

------------------------------
Michael White

6 Replies

• Deleted. This initial answer was misleading, as I think you should be setting these values in the body (vs. the header) which you are currently doing. You'd need to dive into the API docs and OAuth specs to confirm.

Consider checking out Request Bin, which Quickbase recommends, which can set as your endpoint in the "Make Request" Webhooks Pipeline step. Then compare the payload received there, to payload you've successfully setup via Postman.

Anyway, I hope that helps!

MichaelWhite1
      Qrew Member

Thank you for the suggestion Brian.

I have already tried to add it to the headers, but it makes no difference 😌

Thank you anyway. I'm coming to the conclusion that the webhook functionality in Quickbase isn't sufficient for this API. My other option is to see if I can use a webhook and go via Postman, but i'm not sure if that is possible.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael White
    KatlynAllen
    Qrew Assistant Captain

I had a very similar issue a few weeks ago. In the end, I had to set the authentication to HTTP Digest instead of OAuth 2.0, then placed my credentials in the body like so without quotations: client_id=[your id here with no brackets]&client_secret=[your secret here with no brackets]&grant_type=client_credentials

Katlyn Allen
    kallen@eatatjacks.com
      MichaelWhite1
      Qrew Member

Hi Katlyn.

You are an absolute star, thank you 😊. That worked first time and i'm now smiling again 😊

Thank you,

Michael

Michael White
        KatlynAllen
        Qrew Assistant Captain

glad I could help! 

Katlyn Allen
        kallen@eatatjacks.com