Forum Discussion

Frontman
Qrew Trainee
6 months ago

Pipelines bug: JSON value not being parse when specifying the JSON records path

Hello,
I think I discovered a bug in Pipelines. I've tried troubleshooting this for several hours without any luck. I also encountered this issue several other times. Anyone else having this issue, or know any workarounds?
Steps to replicate
  1. Insert Fetch JSON, Iterate JSON records, and Loop for each JSON record steps.
  2. In the Iterate JSON records step, specify a JSON records path.

3. Inside the loop, insert a reference to a JSON value.
  4. Run or trigger the Pipeline, Pipelines can't parse the JSON value with the given path.
I've tried the following paths but both don't parse any value:
  • {{j.data_0.release.id}}
  • {{j.release.id}}
JSON that appears in the activity log:

------------------------------
Frontman

2 Replies

DougHenning1
    Community Manager

What does the JSON schema sample look like, and how does it compare to the raw JSON output?  You blurred it out above, but the schema example doesn't need to have real values in it- only the field names and structure are important.  Also it should only represent a single record object, not the whole tree.  Seeing Data 0 in your field path in step K leads me to believe you don't have it set up to reference a single record.

Without fixing the schema sample, you should still be able to reference the id as {{ j.raw_record.release.id }}

Hope that helps!

Doug Henning
      Frontman
      Qrew Trainee

Thanks Doug for the help! After reading your post, I reference the JSON handler QB support article again, and this fixed it: {{ j.raw_record['release']['id'] }}

Frontman