Forum Discussion

MirandaMo
Qrew Member
5 years ago

populate calendar through a button

Update from Quick Base: In late 2021 the ICalendar field type will be reaching the end of support and this post includes information on this feature. While the End of Life date has not yet been announced the ICalendar field type is scheduled to be retired. We recommend using the pipelines outlook channel instead, it will allow you to more easily sync calendar events between Quick Base and your Outlook calendar and so much more.

[Learn more about: Quick Base’s general approach to retiring features | iCalendar retirement | Replacing your iCalendar fields with pipelines]

I have a an Icalendar field in my table that generates an .ics form when i fill in certain fields in my table.
Problem is, every time i want to send someone a calendar invite, i would have to click on the generated .ics file, find it locally, and attach it to my email. Is there a way where:

i click on a button/ check a field, and it auto-populates my default calendar app?  ms mail/ outlook/gmail..etc
-kind of like the idea of mailto:

2 Replies

• SendToOutlook is an add-on that should solve your problem.  Very flexible setup.  Have a look at http://www.softtechexperts.com/sendtooutlook.html.  Please contact me directly for more info.  Thanks.

------------------------------
    Joe Acunzo
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    SoftTechExperts
    joe.acunzo@SoftTechExperts.com
    203-481-1222 ext. 316
  • Make sure you have your default calendar app already set.  Using Chrome at least, when you click on the iCalendar field and download it, you should be able to click the up arrow next to the file and select "always open files of this type."   Select that and then the next time you click on iCalendar it should at least pop the invite for you in edit mode.  

Also, I have formula field that will allow you the following if you are interested.  I found it be a little more natural.
     1.  Select date form calendar
     2. Enter start time separately
     3. Enter duration
     4. Have it concatenate the Start Date/time and calculate the Stop Date/Time for iCalendar export.

Brandon Clark