Forum Discussion

MrunaliKadam
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Populating checkbox text/label on the report

Hi,

I've checkboxes on the form and wanted to use them in the report. In report, it only shows yes/no that is if checkbox is selected or not and doesn't show the checkbox text.

Form:

Report:

Is there a way I can show actual text or name of that checkbox in the report instead of yes/no? If multiple checkboxes have been  selected then can we handle that scenario? 

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
Mrunali Kadam

10 Replies

• You can just create a formula text field for each of these and use if statements to handle it like this:

If([Create or Delete a Product]=1, "Product Created or Deleted", "Product Not Created or Deleted")   

Then show that field in your report instead.

Alternately:

You can use report formulas to do this directly in the report.   

In the report builder,  under the 'Report Formulas' Section,  create a new report formula and enter the formula above:

That formula will then appear as a column you can add to the report.

Note that these values would only be visible in that report and not usable anywhere else (if that matters for your purpose).

Jeff Peterson

MrunaliKadam
      Qrew Trainee
      hank you very much Jeff for the quick response and suggesting 2 solutions! 1st solution will work better in my case.

Mrunali Kadam
        MrunaliKadam
        Qrew Trainee
        Hi Jeff,

I'm trying to combine both checkboxes selection in one new column on the report called change type. Because we've such 5 checkboxes and instead of going through each column, it's easy to see only one column which shows everything.

I'm creating formula but it's not working when both checkboxes are selected. Please advise.

If([Create or Delete a Product] = true, "Create or Delete a Product",
        [Provision a Data Store] = true, "Provision a Data Store",
        [Create or Delete a Product] and [Provision a Data Store]= true, "Create or Delete a Product, Provision a Data Store",
        " ")

Mrunali Kadam