Forum Discussion

ThomasOtten1
Qrew Member
11 months ago

Power Automate to Quickbase Connection?

Hi all,

I'm quite new to both QuickBase and power automate, and my current task is to use power automate to upload data to QuickBase. 

Currently we have excel documents in SharePoint, that have standardized tables in them. Ideally, we click an automate function in SharePoint, and it finds a table name in that document, finds the matching table in a QuickBase app, and uploads the data (there will be shared column names), and does this for the several tables we have in each excel document.

I'm reading lots of documentation and getting my head around it a bit - looks like some combination of list rows present in table (for excel) and insertandorupdate records (for quickbase), but any advice would be appreciated.

------------------------------
Thomas Otten

3 Replies

• I too was trying to figure something like this out, without much success. The most I was able to do was:

1. Receive csv of data in email
    2. Use power automate to transfer the file to box drive
    3. Use a sync connection to get that data into Quickbase

That works pretty well. Maybe you can get a similar thing to happen with the documents in Sharepoint. The trick is, to use sync they must be csv files. I have one file that is an xls and I am stuck because I cant figure out how to auto turn that into a csv first.

I'm guessing if you understand stuff like JSON and Restful APIs and all that, there is a way. I am not in the category of understanding that stuff.

Mike Tamoush

ThomasOtten1
      Qrew Member

Thank you for the advice! Maybe we'll have to convert to CSV. Still learning JSON/API so that's a bit above my understanding as well at the moment.

Thomas

Thomas Otten
  • Hi Thomas, 

I've used third party tools frequently to supplement pipelines - where it's not yet capable of easily supporting what i need. 

I went and seached and found this pay webservice that seems able to do file conversions with simple webrequests.. ..  how to handle the return file in pipelines is beyond me, but if was i trying to do this, I might check out this service - https://www.convertapi.com/ms-office-api - it's an API that will convert formats for you based on web request parameters -- likely something you could push via a pipeline webrequest.   

joe vandervest